Cardiolite Stress Test Instructions
There are 2 parts to a Cardiolite stress test: a resting scan and an Exercise test. If done at the hospital, these tests may be done on two different days in two different departments.
Note: On the first day you come in for your test, please make sure you stop at the registration desk, even if you pre-registered already.
It is important to remember to bring your orders with you!
On the day of the resting exam:
On the day of the exercise portion:
- Do not eat or drink anything for two hours before your appointment. You may have water only, but no coffee, pop, tea or juice.
- Report to radiology on the ground floor.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 4 hours before your test. You may have water only, but no coffee, pop, tea, or juice.
- Absolutely no caffeine. This includes chocolate, for 12 hours before the test.
- Absolutely no smoking for 4 hours before the test.
- If you are taking insulin, do not your dose until after the test.
- You need to discuss your doctor and medicines you're on. If you're on a beta blocker such as Tenormin , Lopressor, Ziac, Toprol , it is recommended that you do not take it for 24 hours before the test.
- Please bring a list of your medications with you when you come for the test .
- You may bathe before before your test, but make sure you do this at least two hours before your test.The water should not be too hot or too cold. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and comfortable shoes, as you will be walking on the treadmill.
- Report to special services on the third floor. If done in the office, please sign in with the receptionist.
Your test is scheduled for:
| Resting Scan|
If being done at the hospital and you have any questions about your test, please call special services-419-334-6615 .
If being done in our office and you have any questions about your test, please call the office-419-334-6615 .