Dobutamine Cardiolite Stress Test Instructions
There are 2 parts to a Dobutamine Cardiolite stress test: a Resting scan and an Exercise test. If being done in the hospital, these tests may be done on two different days in two different departments.
Note: On the first day you come in for your test, please make sure you stop at the registration desk, even if you pre-registered already.
It is important to remember to bring your orders with you!
On the day of the resting exam:
On the day of the exercise portion:
- Do not eat or drink anything for two hours before your appointment. You may have water only, but no coffee, pop, tea or juice.
- Report to radiology on the ground floor.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 12 hours before your test. You may have water only, but no coffee, pop, tea, or juice.
- Absolutely no caffeine. This includes chocolate, for 12 hours before the test.
- Absolutely no smoking for 4 hours before the test.
- If you are taking insulin, do not take your insulin until after the test.
- You need to discuss your doctor and medicines you're on. If you're on a beta blocker such as Tenormin , Lopressor, Ziac, Toprol , it is recommended that you do not take it for 24 hours before the test.
- Please bring a list of your medications with you when you come for the test .
- you may bathe before before your test, but make sure you do this at least two hours before your test.The water should not be too hot or too cold. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and comfortable shoes, as you will be laying in bed during the test.
- If this is being done at the hospital, report to special services on the third floor. If it is being done in the office, please sign in with the receptionist.
NOTE: If you have ever been diagnosed as having Asthma, Please remind your doctor before you have this test.
Your test is scheduled for:
| Resting Scan|
If being done in the hospital andyou have any questions about your test, please call special services-419-334-6615.
If being done in our office and you have any questions about your test, please call the office-419-547-8555.